The Government of India on January 12, 2019 passed a Bill to provide 10% reservation to the economically weaker sections of the society. Which is called (Economically Weaker Section). EWS reservation comes under Article 15 of the Constitution of India.
So friends, if you also want to know about EWS Certificate Offline Apply, read this blog post carefully. Because in this blog we will give you all the information about EWS Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Download Certificate Form, Required Documents and EWS Certificate Assam Application Process to be submitted in the application etc.
Overview of EWS Certificate Assam
|Name of Certificate||Assam EWS Certificate|
|Concerned Department||Revenue Department|
|Application Mode||Offline Mode|
|Benefit||10 % Reservation|
|Beneficiary||General Category Economically Weaker Section|
|Objective||10% Reservation in any government job or admission to higher education.|
Related Post: Income Certificate Assam
What Is EWS Certificate?
The economically weaker section is a sub-category of people belonging to the common caste in India, whose total family income is less than 8 lakh in a year and which is not available to any reserved category like OBC/SC/ST are not from the class.
EWS Certificate is an important document for those who want to benefit from EWS reservation. The EWS reservation for general category students for government jobs mainly focuses on 10% additional quota.
Eligibility Criteria for EWS Certificate Assam
Those who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for EWS certificate:
- Applicant must be the general category as well as the economically weaker section.
- Annual family income from all sources like agriculture, salary and business should be less than 8 lakh.
- Agricultural land should be less than 5 acres.
- Residential land should be less than 100 sq ft.
- Plots in the notified municipalities should be less than 100 square yards.
- Residential land should be less than 200 square yards in areas other than the notified municipality.
EWS Certificate Assam Documents Required
While applying for Assam EWS certificate, applicants have to submit an attached document to prove their identity. You can upload any of these documents as identity proof:
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- MGNREGA Job Card
- Driving License
- Pen Card
- Service ID Card
- Passbook (by marking photos)
- Smart Card (issued by Ministry of Labour)
- Health Insurance Smart Card (issued by Ministry of Labour)
- Pension Document (with attached photos)
- Official Identification Evidence (Issued by MLA, MP)
How To Apply EWS Certificate Assam 2023
If you are seeking to apply for EWS certificate then you have to do so offline. At present assam does not have the online facility of EWS certificate application. You can easily apply with the simple Steps given below.
First you download and print the format of ews certificate from the important link section. Get EWS certificate by entering your documents in any office mentioned below you by taking the required document with this EWS format. Following officers are officially authorized to issue Income and Asset Certificates
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Important Link of EWS Certificate Assam
|Income and Asset Certificate Format||Click Here|
|EWS Certificate Format||Click Here|
|Official EWS Assam Memorandum||Link 1 | Link 2|