The North Eastern Council (NEC) has opened the NEC Merit Scholarship online registration process to complete the higher education of students from the North Eastern Region. Interested candidates in the NEC Scholarship, 2023–24 must read the official notification of the The North Eastern Council Scholarship Scheme before applying online. The eligibility criteria and complete process of applying online are given below.
Latest Update – NEC Scholarship 202 apply online started from Last Week of October 2023. Candidates can apply online by given link below in the Important Link section.
Overview of NEC Scholarship 2023
|Name of Scholarship||NEC scholarship|
|Launched By||North Eastern Council (NEC)|
|Application Status||Not Started|
|Last Date||31st December 2023|
|Objective||To provide scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount:||Rs 20,000 – Rs 30,000|
|Eligibility||Who enrol in diploma, degree, post graduate, MPhil or PhD program|
|State||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura|
Qualification For NEC Scholarship 2023
Diploma Courses : HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized state/central board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Degree Courses: HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Postgraduate Courses: Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/BSc/BE/ BTech/ MBBS/LLB/BCA/BBA) of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
M.Phil & Ph.D. Courses: PG degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Required Documents to Complete Application
- Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC)
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Bank Account Pass Book
- Details of qualifying examination
- Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) (M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates)
- Any other document as may be required under NSP guidelines
NEC Scholarship Amount
|Diploma Courses||Rs 20,000 Per Year|
|Degree Courses||Rs 22,000 Per Year|
|Post graduate Courses||Rs 25,000 Per Year|
|M.Phil & Ph.D Courses||Rs 30,000 Per Year|
Important Date of NEC Assam Scholarship
|Starting Date of Online Application||Update soon|
|Last Date of Online Application||November 2023|
|Defective Verification||31st December 2023|
|Last Date for Institute verification||31st December 2023|
Important Link of NCE Scholarship Assam
|NEC Scholarship online Application||Registration | Login|
|Apply for Renewal||Click Here|
|Download Official Advertisement||Click Here|
|Visit NCE Official Website||Click Here|
|Visit NSP Official Website||Click Here|
How To Apply NEC Merit Scholarship
Eligible And Interested Students can Submit their online application through NSP Portal by below provided simple steps.
- Scroll down and check the Important Link Section.
- Click on the Online Application Link.
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Click on New Registration
- Enter all the requested information. Upload all the required documents and submit the online application.
- After submission of the online application form, take a print out of the final application form for future use.
Related Post: Ishan Uday Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for NEC Merit Scholarship 2023
- The scholarship is open only to a student who is a permanent resident of any of the North Eastern States.
- The scholarship shall be admissible to students whose parent/guardian’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 8.0 lakh. The candidate shall furnish an income certificate issued by the competent authority.
- For candidates belonging to Academic Year 2023-24 and onwards,
- When availing of the scholarship, the student must not receive any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the study or working/in-service candidate shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- A student shall only be considered for a scholarship in the year of the commencement of his/her course. For the subsequent year, of course, the only renewal will be allowed.
Merit List Of NEC Scholarship 2023-2024
|Beneficiary State||Merit List|
|Assam||Click Here || Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
FAQs Of NEC Scholarship
Ans: Last Date of Online Application for NEC Scholarship Not Announced till Now. when Official Date Released we will update the date here.
Ans: Diploma Courses: Rs 20,000 Per Year
Degree Courses: Rs 22,000 Per Year
Post graduate Courses: Rs 25,000 Per Year
M.Phil & Ph.D Courses: Rs 30,000 Per Year